Tuesday

The LBJ



The LBJ.
My version of the LBD. Don’t get me wrong; a little black dress is very much still a wardrobe staple, as we all know, but I’m just a jumpsuit kinda gal.

Once thing I’ve noticed, though, is that many a time when I’ve donned said garment a number of people say they wished they knew how to wear the trend and make it suit them and their lifestyles.

So I had a think, and with Polyvore by my side I’m hoping this post can dispel the theory jumpsuits are for boyish figures and top-trend followers. They can be just as useful on a Sunday market shop as they can be on a glitzy night out.

The first look I wanted to create was one I can imagine several figures suiting and being able to wear day to day and feel stylish yet comfortable. I think the cut of this jumpsuit (http://www.welikefashion.com/p/11366-Jumpsuit_Dalinda.html) lends itself to hiding lumps and bumps some would rather not share with the retinas of the general public. This teamed with some fashionable studded flats (also featured in yesterdays post – www.topshop.com), a printed scarf and an across the body bag makes it a practical, yet stylish little affair and I hope you agree.

The 2nd look has definite hints (huge ones) of my personal style. By now I’m sure you know the rule with me: chuck a bib necklace at it and you’ve an outfit sorted. This is the route I’ve taken with this look too. I thought of this more for a work look as the peg leg fit and shirt effect top half make it very smart – a sort of modern pant suit – and teamed with a briefcase-esque bag (www.misssixty.com) , some heels and the failsafe necklace I think you’re onto a winner of an outfit. (Also, if anyone reading this is in YSL and feeling generous I’m a size 10 and my address is…)(http://click.linksynergy.com/link?id=Hy3bqNL2jtQ&murl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.farfetch.com%2Fshopping%2Fwomen%2Fitem10131370.aspx&offerid=183381.10131370&type=15&u1=1ab04c6c7fab48ddb2244e0cc04167f8)

The final look is a little more adventurous – with a night out in mind. (http://www.flannelsfashion.com/products/women/suits/suits-details/i/17217-b6bkk/n/sequin-short-jumpsuit.aspx) Although I’ve teamed it with a clutch and bright heels if the sequins alone are enough for you simply pair it with black opaques and some plain heels and you still get the night-out, trend-led look but, hopefully, without taking a complete departure from your personal style comfort levels.

All in all I hope I’ve conveyed the message that the LBJ is, I think, a real contender to the LBD and super-cool to boot.


1 comment:

  1. ummmmm loves!!!! If thats your day outfit, I need to step my game up..I see you are following one of my blogs...please check out my styling blog at www.yourdreamstylist.blogspot.com

    xoxo new follower

    ReplyDelete

What do you think..?