Tuesday

Taking It To The Streets.

It's that time of year again. The Shows have rolled round once more and kicking it all off this week is New York Fashion Week. Getting us fashion-heads into a frenzy and focusing on A/W '13 there are shows galore happening every day.

But something I've always enjoyed, possibly more than the content of the catwalks themselves, are the people attending the shows. More specifically their sartorial choices. It's been well documented on this blog that I love to people watch - my most prized possessions being Scott Schuman's books on street style. If ever I wake and am unsure what to don to him I turn - or to his books - and without fail I am inspired and feel good about what I'm wearing as a result.

But it doesn't stop there. There are a plethora of fellow bloggers whose style never ceases to turn me a little green-eyed-monster-y and I've chosen my top 3 of NYFW so far to share with you today.

First up the always eclectic and entertaining Susie Bubble or Style Bubble:





I've been a fan of Susie's since I became aware of blogs really. She's a great writer so even if you can't get on board with her choice of threads I'd find it hard to believe you didn't appreciate her natter. Not your typical 'here's what I wore today' blogger she's definitely one to crack onto if you haven't already - which I'm sure you have!

Another fantastic blogger I like to check up on every chance I get is The Blonde Salad (or Chiara Ferragni to her friends.) She seems to live an impossibly cool life in Italy; all Vespas, great friends and cute pet dogs, all the while pulling together some of the most colourful and enjoyable outfits I've seen in a while. And NYFW is no different - she refuses to let a little thing like Nemo change her choices and appears to have carried on regardless. Here's some of what she's been wearing:





And finally - a long standing idol of mine. Olivia Palermo. Ah, I even love her name. This NYFW Olivia has certainly taken the adverse weather into account but it's not dampened her style one bit - it appears to have, in fact, enhanced it. I swear - put a trapper hat on me and I'd look like I'd need sectioning. She places one every so stylishly atop her amazing mane and we've a new trend on our hands.







And she's look no less-stylish indoors. Keeping the colours muted  but the silhouettes ever so flattering to her frame she really is one to keep an eye on for all things fashion. She even blogs about dinner party etiquette. This woman is a goddess!

So that's my top 3 so far but we've got Milan, London and Paris to go yet so stay tuned for more street style opinions from me.

Who are your top stylish people to watch? Do share - I'm always on the look out for more!

1 comment:

What do you think..?