Tuesday

Cannot Take A Step Backwards: EMU

Last Thursday I had the pleasure of being invited to the press evening to preview Emu's A/W 12 clothing and shoe collection.




Now, as thrilled as I was, I have to admit prior to the event I knew relatively little about the brand as I'd always been smothered by popular culture into believing Ugg were the thing. In actual fact I only own one pair and those are for the truly frosty days Manchester can sometimes deal out. And when it's a 20 minute walk to work they are, at times, essential to ensuring I have feet at the end of the day.

Having now been to the press evening and viewed the array of product available from Emu I can happily say I am converted and don't ever want to look back.

Firstly I adore the brand name: Emu. The reasons behind it are all based around the characteristics of the bird but perhaps my favourite is that an Emu cannot take a step backwards so always remain moving forward. I think such a strong foundation line to a brand is essential and really reminds everyone what they're about: progression.


(A selection of the children's range of shoes. I don't know about you but I can certainly see Kingston Stefani rocking a pair of these!)

Obviously I had to ask the obligatory question: What makes your boots better than Ugg? And I was quickly answered. Anatomically correct insoles, rubber soles (very hard wearing - anyone who owns some Uggs will be familiar with the irritance associated with realising your soles no longer possess a crisp edge but a lazy worn away curve where the pressure's been on them), a moulded heel cup to stop that awful sideways slant you sometimes see people sporting, and brilliantly they are water resistant. I can vouch for this as the agent showing me the boots went on to pour a glass of water on the particular pair he had in hand and the moisture merely trickled off leaving not a mark. I was impressed.




I have to be honest...the typical ugg shape is not my favourite look for my feet so I was excited to see the huge variation Emu had to offer in terms of sheepskin lined lovelies. Biker boots, lace ups, moccasins and perhaps my favourite - the first fully sheepskin lined wellington boots on the market! Goodbye current Ugg boots, you are being replaced with these beauties as soon as I see the first leaves fall from the trees.


(If anyone's feeling generous I'm a size 6...in love with these!)


And in case the above wasn't enough to make you click onto Emu's site just wait until you hear the uber celebs who treasure theirs: Kate Hudson, Gwen Stefani, Courtney Cox, Alexa Chung, Louise Roe...I could go on.

I haven't even mentioned the accessories and clothing!





Fur gilets, leather jackets and knitted capes galore. I am in love. And I am counting down the days until I can get my paws on the beautiful ear muffs. I want them NOW!

It is safe to say I am already excited for this to hit stores and until it does I'll be clearing space in my wardrobe. Expect to see me in head to toe Emu come September. Delicious!










No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think..?