Monday

Amazing Alba.

For some time now I have been a big fan of Jessica Alba (although, I don't think even I could forgive Honey) and her style. I think she is one of the few 'celebs' who is truly able to look laid back chic in anything from an evening gown, to a bikini, to jeans and a T - I imagine she'd even be head turning in a bin bag.

Last week my aforementioned girl-crush was on a press day for her new brand in New York so you can imagine my excitement at discovering she made not 1, not 2 but 4 wardrobe changes - each one as lovely as the previous.

So I quickly hopped onto Polyvore to recreate them. I hope this gives at least someone a bit of style inspiration in this awkward transitional time between keeping essentially warm but introducing spring trends into your wardrobe.


Jessica was first photographed in this amazing Jenni Kayne pant suit which I think is something that, if I don't own by the end of 2012, I will cry over. I decided to sort of 'evening look' it up a bit and re-created it with a sleeveless Givenchy jacket (on sale now at Matches) and some colour pop accessories.


The second look is great for reminding people that navy and black CAN be worn together; and, evidently, look incredibly chic. I love this outfit for anything from a meeting, to week night drinks with friends to job interview. The classic Mary Janes teamed with a bright top keep the outfit formal enough but with a nod to the ever approaching spring trends. The wool coat over the top reminds us it's still chilly out there but wearing it open gives a peak at the florals within.



This is Jessica's 3rd change and my personal favourite (who'd have guessed it?!)
I love, love, LOVE the colours in this outfit and am itching to recreate it myself. The trousers I have used are from River Island and I've been in to check them out myself - beautiful quality and a great price point. I think RI might be a contender for prints on the high street.
Team them with a bright T that picks up one of the key colours in the print and an eye catching mac, OR shoes if you're not keen on full commitment to the colours, et voila - a stunning look. And all with your trusty black handbag.



The final outfit Jessica was 'papped' in is this classic black ensemble proving, even at the end of a long day she can look super stylish even if she is exhausted.
I love this look because it is so EASY to achieve. Everyone owns a black top, shorts/skirt and riding boots. Team that with some nice, thick tights, a good handbag, coat and hat and you're done. Ridiculously quick to put together but looks as if it's been so well thought through.

Anyway - must shoot. I have the couture shows to drool over on Vogue.com and Versace's just been uploaded. Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think..?